agilon health Launches Diversity and Inclusion Initiative
As outlined in his Welcome Address, our new CEO, Steve Sell has emphasized that this is a pivotal time in our nation’s history, and all of us have a unique opportunity to make a difference where we live and work. On July 1, 2020, agilon health officially kicked off a Diversity and Inclusion Initiative, led by Veeral Desai, President, Enterprise Operations, to bring lasting change to our organization and our communities.
Our approach to Diversity and Inclusion is centered around four key pillars:
- Our Team
- Fostering a real dialogue
- Celebrating and advancing our diversity
- Community Service
- Serving and impacting our Communities
- Contributing financial resources to aligned organizations and causes
- Together with Our Partners
- Collaborating with our physician group partners to impact the communities we serve
To execute on the various pillars of this Diversity and Inclusion initiative, we have brought together a Diversity & Inclusion Taskforce with over 25 volunteers across all markets and teams. To date, the committee has accomplished the following:
- Launched employee survey with over 250 employee responses
- Planning focus groups and analyzing survey data
- Began researching organizations to contribute and to inform our service commitments
- Networking with our partners to align and strengthen our diversity & inclusion effort
Look out for regular updates, and get involved! We want your engagement.
To all our employees, partners and communities, we are excited to come together, to meet this moment as #Oneteam, and to create a lasting impact on the company we are building together!